Bethesda Lutheran Church
Our Sunday services are held at 10:15 a.m. on the corner of 234th and 56th in Mountlake Terrace. Wheel chair accessibility is available by downstairs door and the elevator.
To proclaim, celebrate and share the love of Christ with our neighbors through an accepting, caring community.
1951 - the new community of Mountlake Terrace was forming. As people held meetings of prayer and Bible study in their homes, the Lutheran Free church sent a mission worker to meet with people wanting to form a church. Sunday School services began in the fall. A local developer donated two lots on 56th Avenue West, and construction of our church began. In the still incomplete – but high soaring building, 37 worshippers gathered for their first morning worship on Christmas, 1951. They called their church Bethesda, house of mercy. Bethesda was formally organized on March 1, 1953.